View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #56
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelliH View Post
Dear XXXX,
America has fallen in love with NOOK.

Demand has exceeded all expectations, and unfortunately, we're unable to ship your NOOK in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We expect to ship your order by 07-23-2010. Once your NOOK arrives, you'll discover a whole new way to enjoy books - everywhere and anywhere.

Please know, you will not be charged for your order until it leaves our warehouse.
However, if you would like to cancel this portion of your order, you may do so online at: http://www.bn.com/orderstatus.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay.

-- Barnes & Noble
I got the exact same message for both my nook as well as the cover.

Frankly, I'm not buying the delay. You'll notice that even now B&N is not accepting international orders (at least from my part of the world). I think this is just a tactic on their part to buy some time while they consider what to do about all of us who managed to somehow place an order. They know if they instantly cancel it, they're likely to get bad press when word gets out, so they're gonna string us along for a month before finally admitting they won't ship it.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote