View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There are plenty of rumours abounding, but some of them point to a non-Amoled screen, due to the complexity of developing a full HD (1080) Amoled screen, so you might have to live with an LCD panel.
I certainly won't. Note 2 is my backup plan. I also expect that even if they do go LCD3 for big bubba, other devices/variants, including my favored GS4 mini, might retain samoled.

Back in January there were also rumors Samsung had cracked the full hd problem with diamond or hexagon subpixel layouts that were a sort of pentile alternative. I have no idea how the shapes made it work (nor did the rumorers as I recall), but that was in the mix.

Quote:
And regarding pentile, it's obviously subjective, but current pentile screens are (in my opinion) indistinguishable from non-pentile - at 300+ ppi, it's a moot point as I can't see the pixels on my S3 or any artifacts caused by the non-RGB layout.
It is subjective, but it sounds like we see things similarly.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote