Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
OK, both versions hung my Glo when I tried to open them as kepubs. So, I did some playing. I concentrated on the epub version. And as I'm not running Joel's driver, I just dropped the epub version on the device and renamed it.

I converted it with calibre and split the files at chapter breaks. That worked properly.

I converted with calibre but didn't do any extra splitting. That worked properly.

I opened it in Sigil and saved it without any changes. That worked properly.

So, the original file has a problem.

I had a look at the database after loading the file. There were some rows missing. When a kepub is loaded, there are three types of rows created in one of the content table. The ContentType=6 describes the book, author, title, description etc. There is one ContentType=9 for each file in the book. And one ContentType=899 for each chapter in the book.

When I looked the database records created for this book, the ContentType=9 rows were missing.

The problem seems to be in the content.opf and where some files are. The content.opf is in the OEBPS directory, which is fairly common. But, it refers to two files in the parent directory. The manifest has:

Code:
<item href="../cover.jpg" id="cover" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item href="../titlepage.xhtml" id="titlepage" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
Moving the two files to the same directory as the content.opf and updating it, fixed it. I did the same with the supplied kepub version and that worked as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote