View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #135
Fianor
Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Fianor knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have a KT (paid to remove SO) running 5.1.2 and a laptop with Windows 7. I am trying to upgrade to 5.3.2 and want to use the fixed margins from JBpatch, collections manager and the newer screensaver hack from NiLuJe. First I want to make sure I'm interpreting what I've read on these forums correctly to mean I can do this. Second I can't figure out how to get 5.3.2 to install.

I jailbroke it with the old MP3 method. I'm pretty sure I did some update from amazon after I had done that JB and had no complaints from the update. Using .bin/update kindle from the menu method I installed kindlet JB, JBpatch, GUI launcher {with image_viewer, KOMIC, ksudoku2, orientation hack, usbnetwork} (as far as I recall all of these were install via .bin, I seem to recall editing a .json at some point, maybe it was just to add the image_viewer since it's technically amazon built in software)

I installed ixtab's kindle collections and was using the old screen saver hack (the one requiring all the images to be named bg_xsmall_ss**.jpg), neither of which I have any idea how I installed and can not currently figure out how to uninstall.

I've downloaded 5.3.2 from amazon and just tried, got 006/026 errors. I uninstalled (via .bin/update) jbpatch, kindlet JB, GUI launcher & combined dev certs, attempting 5.3.2 after each. All failing with 006. I deleted the gui launcher extension folder, then I deregistered and factory reset. Still no go.

I read the suggestion to "simply" reflash a clean 5.1.2, jailbreak, then 5.3.2 update, but for the life of me I can not understand ixtab's directions. Particularly since there are references to the .bin file which has been removed, but the instructions saying to use it have not, so I don't really know what instructions in that readme.txt are valid still and which are not.

As of right now I think I have a deregistered jailbroken KT 5.1.2 with no documents, factory settings. I reinstalled the kindlet JB to see if I had unjailbroken it with the factory reset but the update seemed to be successful so I think I have both JB and kindlet JB installed at the moment.

Any ideas? Are there some updated instructions on reflashing that I've missed? I'd really like 5.3.2. and it seems silly to just redo the hacks and stay on 5.1.2 at this point, I wouldn't bother to ask but I've spent 2 days on this now and seem to have run out of search terms to use to figure it out myself.
Fianor is offline   Reply With Quote