View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Well, I am going to speculate also.

I will go with a combination of the ideas I have seen for I believe that the mini iPad will be compromise.

A starting price of $250 to $300 price. If they go with $300 they will offer some iTunes coupons.
A 7" screen is probable, but a 6" screen is possible which would aid the $250 pricing point. It depends on their long range plans for the iPod Touch.

It will be a good screen, but only "near" Retina and "near" IPS are necessary if they go with the $250 price.

Now that is one approach, perhaps with a slightly above 50% chance of realization.

The next approach will be one where the new sparkling jewel from Apple will have every thing including the kitchen sink in a 6" mini iPad. Everything! The best screen. The highest resolution An "Auto-focusing" camera. All the other goodies.
Then price this piece of "Premium Engineering at $650 to $700 and the Apple lovers will consider it another crown jewel and snap it up.
It will be like a sports car. Costly, but oh the "engineering." "Oh, the love!"
I myself think the Apple lovers will go for it.

Somewhere in Apple HDQRS on a big whiteboard on a wall, the ideas for the next 3 to 5 years are laid out from the legacy iPod to the latest futuristic iPad. The Apple marketing guys will be studying the latest buying trends over the world, across the market and asking engineering and production the price and delivery for the dreams up on that board.

The staff will argue and argue and present their thoughts to the new "big guy."

Then we will see if the magic still flies or is only to be a footnote along with the "history of Steve Jobs."

Last edited by frahse; 10-02-2012 at 02:47 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote