View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suppose the thing to ask, Don, is how important is this?

One needs the TOC to get to Chapter 80, but one can easily get back to the TOC simply by returning to the start of the book. I appreciate that it's an irritation, but is it a "show stopper".

I've just tried it on some of my books which has long TOCs (eg "Oliver Twist", where it goes on for about 6 pages, because of the long chapter descriptions) and - at least on the Connect "emulator" - it works fine. Clicking the chapter heading takes you to the page of the TOC containing the link to the chapter.

Does yours behave the same way on the Connect emulator as on the actual Reader?

Harry:

I just counted the TOC pages: I have 12 pages. That means that if someone was on the last page of the TOC, and went to one of those chapters and then decided to return -- well, that person wouldn't get there. One is taken back to the FIRST PAGE of TOC.

That means shuffling through 12 pages to get where you started from. I just find that so irritating.

I havent' loaded it onto my Reader, but I'll do that now.

I suspect the problem will persist. I suspect the culprit may be something to do with 2 lines, or the Annotations choice, or even the point size.

I'll check now.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote