View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
greg4987
greg4987 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi jahfaby!

While cleaning up for upcoming visitors, I came across my old Rocket eBook from NuvoMedia. I would like to know how to connect it to my MacBook running Mac OS X v10.6. The items in the box were complete except that the Quickstart Guide, User's Guide and, most importantly, the RocketLibrarian CD were missing. There was a Keyspan 9-pin serial to USB connector in the box, also. The Mac computer I had this software on is long gone. After searching the web all day, I couldn't find a way to do set it up. Fortunately, I still had a Windows XP desktop in my office that I had used for some contract work a few years ago. I was able to find a site called REB1200 for Dummies and it had the a link to the image of a REB1100 install CD and I was able to download that. I couldn't get the Keyspan converter to work, but the Windows XP desktop had an unused 8-pin serial port in the back and after setting the eBook Librarian software to COM1, my Rocket eBook connected. I stopped trying to get my serial to USB connector working after it worked with the serial port.

I know that this only works if you have a Windows XP computer and you may not have access to one with the 8-pin serial port. I hope you are able to eventually get the serial to USB converter to work under the Windows emulator you have. I still would like to know if someone can get everything working with a MacBook!

Good luck.

-Greg
greg4987 is offline   Reply With Quote