View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #23742
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Dad just got nailed by an email phishing attempt. They simulated an (outrageously expensive) Itunes purchase that he never made, and gave him a carefully crafted address that looked like Itunes to dispute it. He went there, was prompted to give them his financial data, etc. -- which he did.

He realized something was wrong as soon as he did it, touched base with me and one of my brothers (his IT department).

Anyway, he's been spending his afternoon making phone calls. His old credit card has now been canceled, new one on the way, he removed his billing info from his Itunes account, etc. It's going to be a pain in the butt.
Oh, NO!

Well, at least he was on the ball enough to catch it. That's super, and it's great that he has you and your brothers (boy, do I know what you mean about being the familial IT unit) to rely upon. What a bugger that is! (The phishing, I mean, not you guys being the IT department!)

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote