View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #28
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Albert:

Essentially, yes, BUT:

Vis-a-vis your 2, "Type1 fonts don't display properly even when present in the final file," no, we've been able to get around that with the faux-ePUB upload method for some of the fonts, e.g., the Com4sans and Gandhi. We have never been able to get Orator to work--it is as you see it in the screenshot. Other than that, yes, your summation seems to be correct.

And, yes, I think that Sigil is exonerated, but something hinky is still going on. Some of our ePUBs are hand-made, and don't seem to suffer the same issue. Again, with so much fire-fighting this past week, I have not had adequate time to truly research the root causes. (I was able to help Mathew get to the root of his, but not ours, natch. Phurg.) I hope I'll have time this weekend, after we close the office Saturday evening, to start figuring out the nuts and bolts of the problem.

Thanks,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote