View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #907
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fijimunkii View Post
I'm still having date/time issues. Back when I was set on using KUAL, I managed to change it for the session, long enough to install KUAL. But, unfortunately, like you said, restarting the device undoes this work.

My favorite KUAL tool is BBB, which for some reason I must apply manually / with a script. When I apply it with KUAL it kills my Wifi. Not sure why.
Well, if I can get in touch with the author . . . .
(I should see him today, in the mirror sometime.)

Request for clarification:
"it kills my Wifi" - ???

Do you mean that it breaks your use of the "Free Wifi Access Points" ?
That is an expected result of the BBB filter because use of a "Free" Wifi access point requires the Kindle to contact Amazon for the information needed by the provider of the "Free" access point.
(I.E: The provider needs to know who's account to bill. )

Do you mean that it breaks your use of Wifi to connect to your own (private) access point?
Shouldn't happen, but then, again, duh . . . .

Do you mean that it disables the Wifi on your Kindle?
Shouldn't happen, but . . . .

With the above "breaks my Wifi" details PLUS the firmware version you are running and the first four characters of your serial number - - -
I will try to duplicate your problem on my own K3.

PS: Is this a SO (special offers) Kindle?

Note: This is the first trouble report on the BBB filter - so it may take me some time to discover why this is happening to you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote