View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
While I agree that it's a marketing category for new books (as opposed to, say, reclassifying Huck Finn), and therefore serves mainly a marketing purpose, the fact that I read books not targeted for my age group (I read books targeted to all age groups) doesn't mean the books aren't mostly hitting their targeted audience. I'd say they're doing that nicely from what I see in the library.
Don't get me wrong; I'm not making any value judgments about books that get the label, the authors that write those books, or about the readers that enjoy reading them. I'm just baffled by any label that attempts to apply degrees of "adultness" to fans of, characters in, or themes dealt with in books that are liked and disliked by readers of all degrees of adultness. But if it helps readers find books they enjoy, then more power to it/them I guess. I'm OK being baffled about a few things here and there. I'll get by.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote