View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #35
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Same here. You've captured my main impression from the quiz, which was comparing the difference in curriculum now versus when I was in 10th grade. I've read 6 of the books but some as an adult. I was especially surprised that the list was missing Dickens and Twain! We read Shakespeare every year but not Macbeth. Other books that I can vividly remember reading in high school were Lord of the Flies, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Tess of the D'Urbervilles, The Chosen, The Great Gatsby, Catch-22 and Invisible Man. Also I distinctly remember that Grapes of Wrath was my least favorite book read in school!
Ha! Between high school and college, I read that book three times. I actually liked the book but by the third time, I was sick of it.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote