View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
It (as a series) had a good start --- kind of trailed off into inconsistency at which point I quit reading --- does it redeem itself?
It's been awhile since I read the series....am about done with the second book now. I don't remember being dissatisfied. The second book is not nearly as charming as the first --as it deals with the massacre of peaceful Indians. It's a good read for an adult, but I'm not going to press my daughter to read it.

I'm not sure I read it the first time I read the series...as it is pretty much the same timeline as the first book following other characters....well, through the first half anyway.

I enjoy OSC, though. I love the way he tells stories. I love is characters -- good and bad. I love the religious themes he winds into his books....without turning them (most of them) into "religious books". I love how he builds drama. He is my favorite author and this is one of my favorite series by him.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote