View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #40
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TevK View Post
Has anyone tried converting .cbz to .mobi for viewing comics on the Kindle?

I currently have a Sony PRS-505 and .cbz to .lrf in Calibre works great - but I just preordered the Kindle DX and am curious about the .mobi output.

I tried setting output to .mobi and hitting "convert" in Calibre and it *seemed* to successfully convert a .cbz to a .mobi, but I don't have any way to view it to see.

I've been reading a lot of manga scanlations on my PRS-505, and I look forward to reading them on the bigger screen of the Kindle DX...
Yep, I've tried it for my CyBook (same 6" screen as Sony) but it only works good for comics that are made in pocketbook size. I've tried with bigger page sizes and landscape mode (page is sideways and cut into two 6" screens) but it just cuts pages in half sometimes even cutting texts... (scrolling would be better)

You can test your mobi-files with in-built viewer of calibre!
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote