View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #1
howarddcb
howarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of ithowarddcb has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Nook GlowLight Plus now handles Overdrive books

I checked for software updates tonight for the Nook Glowlight Plus (from the settings screen on the Nook; not on the website). There was one available, so I downloaded it (version 45.1.14), which added Adobe DRM support. I read library books from Overdrive all the time, so this was good news.

However, being B&N, nothing is simple. So here are my steps to reading a library book.

(1) On the Nook, in the settings menu, under Adobe DRM, enter your Adobe ID and password. (More on this later!!!)

(2) Go to Overdrive, check out a library book as usual, and download the .acsm file. Click on that, and Adobe Digital Editions will open as usual.

Now for the fun part (this is for a Mac OSX):

The Mac will not see the Glowlight Plus when plugged in; to actually transfer the book (the epub file downloaded by Adobe Digital Editions; not the acsm file), you need to download the Android File Transfer software (just google it). Now when you plug in the Nook, you will see a root directory, under which there is a My Documents directory. Put the book there, disconnect the Nook, and now you can read it. It will appear under Books and also under MyFiles in the Nook Library menu.

So what's the catch? (This is Barnes & Nobles) - The Nook only accepts an Adobe ID. If you use the Overdrive app on an iPad or something similar, you might be using an Overdrive ID. The email addresses can be the same, but the IDs are not the same! Open Adobe Digital Editions and look at the Authorization information. It should have your email address, and then say AdobeID. If it says Overdive, you will have to deauthorize the computer and then reauthorize with an AdobeID. Note that the Overdrive apps can also accept the AdobeID, although they suggest using an OverdriveID.

Note that I'm running ADE Version 3.0, which is out of date, so your experiences may be slightly different.
howarddcb is offline   Reply With Quote