View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #35263
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just got word that my niece-in-law is setting up an arranged marriage.
In Asia, some things just never change...

Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I was always appalled by the idea, until one of my staff had his marriage arranged for him by his parents. He said that for him, and his bride, it took away all the pressure of courtship and it's attendant perils, and he loved it.

I'm still not convinced, but for some it seems to work .
I am really curious as to the success rate (both people happy, loving/loved) of arranged marriages.

The fact that two people, on their own, unassisted, can be in a relation for years that ends up going nowhere, or be in a relationship for months that ends up happily ever after, makes me wonder how two people with no say in the matter at all can make it work.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote