View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #112
Alan_C
Alan_C began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Downloading with / without Kobo Desktop

Hi,

I've just been to the Kobo website and requested several free ePub books; the details were put into my wishlist or Library on the website, and I downloaded them from there to my desktop pc.

At the time, my Arc was connected to the pc via USB.

I used Calibre to copy the books from my pc to the Arc, and used the Library | Import Content option to bring them into my library.

he confusing thing is that some of them were already there, and the rest were downloading - the slow way, i.e. via my wireless connection, presumably from the Kobo website.

So my questions are:

1) Is there any way to merge the two copies of each book that will now be on the Arc? Or do I have to delete one of them? If I delete one, will it delete from my wishlist as well?

2) Is there any way to prevent the Arc from downloading all books in my wishlist direct from the Kobo website, when I already have the book on my desktop?

3) The copies I transferred using USB (with the aid of Calibre) did not retain their front cover graphics. Can you help with this?

Very many thanks,

Alan

PS I'm delighted with the Arc - white, 32GB. My first ereader and my first tablet.
Alan_C is offline   Reply With Quote