View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
OK, I've put my library in Dropbox. It synced MUCH faster than either Sugarsync (which took x4 as long) or box.net (which must be throttled for free users, because that took a whole night and still didn't properly complete before I got the willies and stopped it). Another thing was that Sugarsync didn't seem to notice changed metadata inside existing books. Dropbox did, immediately. Dropbox FTW. I'll worry about space issues later if necessary... clearly I haven't nearly as many books as Faterson, I'll never get through what I have now, before I die <grin>. I also use dropbox for a number of other applications and yet I still have 4.5GB free. I think it will be fine.

[edit] As a matter of curiosity, the 1000 book limitation... is that a Marvin limitation, or a limit that Dropbox enforced in the API? All my books exist in the dropbox... Its no big deal because open in works just as well. I'm just curious.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 12-23-2012 at 06:24 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote