View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 AM   #35
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
The "bestseller" model is geared to the large populace who reads a bit, rather than the small populace that reads voraciously.

It's the niche publishers that feed the voracious readers.
That's certainly true, but as the 'reads a bit' moves from 80% of the population reading a book per year to maybe 20% of the population reading a book once per year, things get difficult. The chase for the lowest common denominator turns into a dash down the plughole.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote