View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 AM   #32
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I think that the popularity of the pulps was based in large part on their low price.
I agree. I think ebooks are recreating the dime novels atmosphere. Availability + price = win. I'm very happy about it and I think quality will rise to the top. There's a lot of stuff that were looked down upon when they were published, but are considered classics decades later. Just look at Edgar Rice Burroughs and Tarzan, Maxwell Grant and the Shadow, and Johnston McCulley and Zorro. Heck, look at the early days of the comic book industry. So much of it was considered dreck, but we still recognize those names today. And movies were made out of them. Good stories will be always around, it's just hard to predict which ones will have lasting impact.
Frida Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote