View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #59
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
The only case I haven't addressed is a search for duplicate ISBN - since the fuzzy key is the ISBN number. What I could do is sort by the title_sort of the first book in each group if we think its worth it.
Makes no never mind for me, as I don't use ISBNs.
Quote:
Yes I tried this and agree the toggle button works well. My only further suggestion was whether to colour the icon with green lines since that is what the UI gets marked with. Critical, obviously
I tried that. Problem is that I can't see the lines (green deficiency and the contrast isn't high enough to show grey). I can see the blue just fine and I have more posts than you, so I win.

Quote:
1. Perhaps I also need to remember their sort history to reapply, as once they exist duplicate mode then searching by "marked" as a primary sort would not be useful?
I don't think this is needed, but I am not against it.
Quote:
2. The user can exit the highlighting/restriction in any one of these ways.
- Manually clearing the restriction box/toggling highlight button
- Moving to the next group after merging the last groups contents
- Marking the last group as a duplicate exemption
- Marking all groups as duplicate exemptions
- Choosing a "Clear duplicate search results" menu option (I'm open to suggestions on the name!)
I am a bit concerned about some of these seeming to be magic. Will #s 2-4 be obvious? If not, then having the screen change suddenly might be odd.
Quote:
I like the idea of a popup dialog and a menu option of "Manage exemptions for this book". ...
This all sounds great.
Quote:
The "Manage exemptions for this book" would be available on any book that was marked "not_duplicate". So in theory they could do it without entering the "Show all duplicate exemptions" search and instead do it while reviewing their duplicate groups. However it would be a bit of a random click fest as to whether they find that "Manage" menu item enabled or not as there will be no other visual indication that a book has duplicate exemptions. I'm happy with that.
I can see the posts "I tried to mark two books as not duplicates, but it wouldn't let me. I marked them yesterday, so they are marked. Whats wrong with your software? Did your cockatiel change your keys?" Have fun.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote