View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkietech View Post
One of the rare times when the movie was better than the book.
I think there is merit in what you say. Although the book is enormously richer of the movie, in many ways that I am sure will appear from the discussion, but ...

From the book alone, I imagined Lucy in Florence, to be a very different person than what is represented in the movie. Not only physically, that's obvious. I imagined her as a light weight without much energy or sense. A bit lost. Obviously I was wrong. The movie gave her justice.

After having seen the movie, I went back to the book and again I was confirmed in my first impression. She just did not appear, to me of course.

Also George, from the book, in Florence does not appear much of anything, while the movie gives him depth. In the movie one can understand what he is and what he does (in Florence), not in the book.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote