View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #13
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Re-read my post. I very clearly stated that I did not view the current incarnation as having sufficient legal review.
Yes, I know. But the (intentional) lack of review is a direct reflection of the "evilness" of the law.

Quote:
Also, copyright infringement isn't always treated as a criminal act; afaik civil proceedings are common, and do not involve the "innocent until proven guilty" standard.
Under this law, it's treated as neither. 3 strikes (accusations) and you're out. No civil or criminal trial. No chance to defend yourself.

Quote:
Yeah, well. Given the rampant infringement, I'm having a hard time seeing that as such a terrible thing, as long as the accused get the proper legal review.
The entire reason for these type of laws is to side step the accused's right to legal review. That's the whole point. Copyright is already illegal, but you have to take them to court and prove that they did it. These laws are an attempt to do away with the need for proof.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote