View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
I don't see why they can't display PDFs exactly as pdflrt converts them: landscape mode showing a small part of the page without margins.
Since I use my Reader to read books I don't want to keep moving right and left and up and down to find all parts of the page. I just want to press a button and have the next page of text displayed for me to read. Custom formatted PDFs work fine on the Reader. I have made many for clients.

One of the 10 arguments advanced in favor of PDFs in education was that they can be printed. Many of the protected PDFs turn off the ability to print them for exactly the reason stated as to why they are good -- people can make copies of them.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote