Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Shortcuts for DR800

EDIT: new version with View as Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Hey, this looks really interesting!
I will study it carefully by the ends of August.

<dream mode=on>
Some weeks ago I was thinking on "improving" default ctb. Some ideas:
- create a new view "favourites". I have lot of books in the DR and I keep adding more and more, so I want an easy way to build an order list to remember which is the next book I want to read, resort them, and so on. Similar thinking that the "last read" feature you have added.
- embed lua inside ctb. This will allow to code new views very easily.
</dream>

[...]

LATER:
Ok, I've compiled ctb specifying DR1000 target and it seems to work without problems on the DR800 emulator.
On the other hand, DR1000 shortcuts are quite similar to my wished "favourites" view, even better as it can be accessed from anywhere.

[...]
Iņigo
Ok, DR1000's ctb doesn't work correctly on DR800 devices, keys f.e. are different.

Anyway, find attached a version of ctb binary compiled for DR800S (it should work on DR800SG without regressions, but be warned that I've only tested on my own DR800S).

Features over standard ctb:
- shortcuts!!!!
- Sort by Type, Sort by Size
- View as Details
- Mackx's ideas above:
. "For 'shortcuts' it shows the name that is IN the desktop file and not the name of the desktop file"
. "I changed the behaviour of Recently Added to Recently Read in Home. This is only a first start, I want to add new items to Home in the future and not change the behaviour of existing ones. This allows quick access to the last-read documents."

I don't provide a diff nor patches because I've only added a few MACHINE_IS_DR800S here and there.

I neither provide an installation method until more people test it. Just copy the attached file (once uncompressed) as /usr/bin/ctb.
Of course, backup original program first.

Thanks Mackx for the idea.

I also would thank to iRex people again for their marvellous devices and to allow us to look, study and modify the firmware. Thanks a lot! I wish the best for you.

Iņigo

PS: btw, have I ever mentioned that shortcuts are quite useful!!!
Attached Files
File Type: gz ctb.dr800+.gz (41.0 KB, 848 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 08-02-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote