View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #15
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertony View Post
IMHO no. There will always be new technology. If you keep on waiting, what you will always do is just - wait. One has to answer the question, are you a reading fan or are you a technology fan? Not saying they are mutually exclusive or you can't be both but sometimes I get idea that there are more on this forum who are technology junkies rather than readers.
I don't think it's a question of always waiting. It's a question of when the technology will be good enough to get involved.

For some people, the threshold of "good enough" is a little bit higher than what current devices offer. The pending evolutionary step in EPDs may be enough for some folks who are less concerned about speed and functionality but want better readability than what current EPDs offer.

However, we don't know if the bump in contrast is going to be a particularly noticeable thing in the real world. It will be at least a few days, possibly longer, before we see any decent comparisons.

I have my doubts about it, and still find the resolution a little limited. I'm also waiting for better SoC-based hardware solutions and superior reading software. I may have to wait years for a decent ebook reader. However, not everyone will be as uptight. Certainly many people are quite satisfied with the current state of things, which I find puzzling. Some others will think it's almost there, and a proper nudge with the screen readability may just be the excuse they need.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote