View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
prepbgg
prepbgg began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Hero phone
I'm sorry to be dense.

I looked at Amalthia's web page and, following hints from her screenshots, went back to Calibre and in Preferences-Conversion-TOC changed h2 references to h3. I then opened my rtf file (with h3 headings) and converted to epub. As before the result worked in Calibre, but when I copied it to my Android phone and opened it in FBReader only the last TOC entry was visible. Otherwise the book works fine: the TOC entries are visible at the start of the book and its entries link to the correct pages. The only problem is that when I open the TOC all I can see is the last entry. (Changing h2 to h3 doesn't seem to have made any difference. I tried a similar conversion yesterday with the same result.)

Unzipping the epub file and looking in toc.ncx, all 19 TOC entries are present and I can't spot any significant differences between them. Similarly, inside the .htm file.

I know that FBReader can deal with epub TOCs correctly. I have downloaded an epub from Project Gutenberg and this works fine. All I want to do is create something similar from my own rtf/doc files.

So, I searched these forums for BookCreator and found the long sticky threads about versions 2 and 3. Because version 3 is said to have problems with epub I've downloaded the 2.6.1 version, unzipped the Word template, loaded it into Word and inserted my rtf file. My problem now is that I can't see what to do next. I haven't seen any 'getting started' instructions for BookCreator. I can't see that the template has added an toolbars or menus. Where do I go? Help, please! (I'm using Word XP (2002) on MS Vista.)
prepbgg is offline   Reply With Quote