View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #14
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
(I don't look forward to getting spam on the iLiad, though.)
Hehe that was a scary thought... there would have to be some nice spam protection in place before I would try that

All the other ideas are great! Especially the adhoc wlan simultaneous editing of documents! However, I guess that would be very tricky unless some open-source application for this already exists (any know of one?)

Regarding the news-letter: A news letter could be faked by us (well, you developers anyway) by having a script that starts wlan/lan, wgets a specific URL, and places it in the news folder. I started on this myselves, but I didn't have any content to download so I aborted... no websites are suitable for the iLiad browser

There was a perl script that downloaded BBC news (index files and linked articles) and converted links etc. If that script were set to run once a day and create a tar-ball of it, people with the .sh extension would have a simple way of getting BBC news to their iLiad. That would be a nice demonstration of a simple subset of the iLiad capabilities.
narve is offline   Reply With Quote