View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I used to read from an old (*very* old) notebook.
My favorite setting was black background and gray text.
I had a notebook with a very small screen. Perhaps that helps too. It means less light generated by a screen. Also, do not read in complete darkness.

It took me quite a long time to find the right combination of reading software, screen colors, and other factors.
At the end, with the right settings, I was able to read many hours quite comfortably.
However, if I can make a recommendation I suggest you to buy an e-ink reader. Perhaps a refurbished or second-hand Sony reader. Or at least try some "reader" with an old LCD screen (the one that works also without backlight). Cassiopeia A-20 is an example of such device.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote