Thread: PRS-T1 Is there hope?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #17
satbeginner
satbeginner began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hello Uboot,

No go with other SD cards.

I myself managed once to revive our Chinese Flytouch-8 by recreating the data on the internal sd card. A bit easier, I know, because this was a real micro SD card, so it was easy to take it out.
The problem was to find the original image for the Flytouch-8.

I would like to try 2 things now with the T1:

- I somehow have the feeling it tries to read from the external SD card, like a PC tries to boot from a floppydisk. No floppy? Ok, then I try the next boot device.

My feeling says the T1 (sort of) tries the same: First try to read a bootable image from the external SD. Not available or not valid? Then do the internal stuff. (I my case not valid either...)
So if I would have a entire dump of the internal memory from a working T1, I would like to play around with this on an external sd card. Transfer the boot-blocks an the recover partition to sd to see if there is still live there.

- Plan C: I found a post about a guy called GaryN, who seems to know how to read (and write) to internal memory as if it is an (micro) SD card.
See here: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UhjkPX80-KI
This is in a T2, but I understand he did the same on a T1.
I am trying to contact him as well.

My question to you is: would you share a full backup of your T1 with me so I can play around with the boot sectors and the Recover partition?
Or maybe just the first part, like the first 1 GB?
That way I could dd if=/fullimage of=sdcard count =xxxx for the bootblocks, and
dd if=/fullimage of=sdcard count =xxxx iskip=yyyy for the recover partition.

I hope I triggered your (or any other reader who would share a image) interest in my effort,

Thanks again,
Satbeginner

Last edited by satbeginner; 08-24-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: More detail & typos
satbeginner is offline   Reply With Quote