View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSteiner View Post
here I'd like to start a thread about making themes for the PocketBook Touch Lux 623.
Thank you very much. I have already installed your theme and I like it more than the original one.

Thank you for your instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRSteiner View Post
At first you need the original theme (see attachment). If you ask how I get it: If you have some linux knowledge you can write a script, save it to the applications directory of your PocketBook an execute it. So you can copy any file to a visible directory.
There is better and safer way.
I have installed an ftp server on my PocketBook 623. The program is called vsftpd.
http://othb08me09zp-pb-apps.narod2.ru/vsftpd.tar.gz
Russian description here
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21649
Translate.Google.com is your friend.

Just copy the files from the archive to the application directory and run launcher app. The program will display IP address and port on the PocketBook screen, then you use some program to connect to the reader as an anonymous ftp server.

This is, I think, much safer than creating scripts.
To make sure configure the ftp server to prevent writing to filesystem. You can modify the vsftpd.config file

To access the files inside the reader you can also use poterm program - the PRO version.
You have to touch the screen to get graphical dialog box and then you have to touch the tiny text box to enter the command. Took me about 20 tries to do it for the first time.

WARNING:
Be sure you know what you are doing before messing with the files in the internal memory.
The warning is not for you Ronny, you obviously know what you are doing ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote