View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #83
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oGorgeous View Post
Perhaps I'm reading the wrong sorts of books; by the overwhelming majority, authors in my personal collection who use their initials are mostly men. In fact, the only female who uses her initials is J.K. Rowling. But then - I couldn't care less about the gender of the author, and I only peeked because of this conversation. For the record, however, I am a female with a staggering number of male authors in my collections and comparatively few female authors. A number of male authors who've used their initials in their nom de plumes:

H.G. Wells, J.R.R. Tolkien, J.D. Salinger, R.A. Salvatore, H. Rider Haggard, F. Scott Fitzgerald, F. Marion Crawford, R.M. Ballantyne.
Mostly older authors no longer concerned with marketing their work, and please recall that I never said NO male writers use initials, just that it is common enough for women writing something other than Romances that it is reasonable to assume that a new writer to you who uses initials IS a woman.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote