View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have you actually tried to do this with the Glo? It doesn't start the same way but, it does work like that. Do this:

- Long tap on a word to select it.
- The word gets marked, and the dictionary pops up
- Press anywhere in the text to dismiss the pop-up
- Put your finger somewhere on the text and drag it up over the screen.
- Text gets marked as you drag.
- Push one of the buttons down the bottom to save the highlight or add a note.

Other than starting it, the only difference I can see is that the highlighting while selecting is an underscore.

As to the handles, I find them fiddly but only use them to adjust a highlight. Normally I want to move them a couple of characters and that doesn't work as well.
You actually don't need to pop up a definition, just hold for a second and then drag your finger and it will select a block of text. Works much better than the handles (which are inexplicably laggy).
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote