View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #27
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Darkangel is quite good. The sequels are good, too.

Funny, I liked Sundiver a lot, but it stands a bit apart from the other "Uplift" books. It's really a mystery in an SF setting. The others are more space-opera, I think. (I liked them, too.)

I know what you mean about Earth, I guess I just liked the exploration of online communities a lot (and the black hole stuff, too). And the idea of teens as "tribes."

I suppose I should also recommend The Diamond Age in this context, though we've discussed it in this forum before.

@yvan, I should also recommend Iain Banks, particularly The Player of Games.

Last edited by nekokami; 03-26-2007 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Player of Games
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote