View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #23
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
That you have to click on columns in Calibre in the opposite order is just a function of how grid sorting works, not intuitively how our brains think about how to sort.
Funny -- my brain does work this way. Applications that permit sorting by clicking on column headers (which Excel 2003 does not support) always (AFAIK) want you to do it so that the major result is the last column clicked. When I fly somewhere, my destination is the last place I stop. When I sort books into a pile, the one on top (the important one) is the last one I put there. When I tell someone how I want something ordered, I say A within B within C. Saying A then B then C is ambiguous. What does "then" mean temporally? Usually it would mean C after B after A, but in Excel it means A after B after C.

Shows there's nothing so strange as folks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote