View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #15778
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I Just finished "The Mote in God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

Really liked it and you couldn't tell it was a scifi book from the 70s (except for the part in the introductory timeline that said by 2008 the first interstellar drives were being tested )

I don't plan on reading the sequel as it got terrible reviews.

Now on to "Shadow of Freedom" by David Weber.
For me The Mote in God's Eye was excellent. I remember the sequel, The Gripping Hand, was not as good but still a good read. Outies the third in the series was written by Jerry Pournelle's daughter Jennifer and is the weakest of the three, in my opinion.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote