View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Although this is a fancy edition, you might consider making it play more nicely with style changes, especially with the font.

In particular, I was quite disappointed when I saw that in my reader the inline TOCs came out completely off-center and inactive (no links), which means I have no way to go to some chapter but turning many pages. Now I opened the file with the calibre viewer and see that there are some ornaments which are actually the link, and my reader was probably overriding the font and displaying a large blank instead of the ornament, I'll try to disable that (if possible) next time I have the chance, but there are a couple of things you could also do:

a) Use SVG files, or different characters (an ad-hoc font that has ornaments in place of asterisk, dash, etc.), so that it at least look semi-nice without the font.

b) Put the whole chapter/book title in the link, so that one can use the link even if the ornament does not display.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote