View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
An option would have better performance than a limit because we could avoid asking for the count of items. It is also less complex to explain.
An option sounds great and if they don't find it to their liking they can toggle back to the original view.

Quote:
If you are using "aba", then author/title sort is hard coded in (and has been since the beginning). You might want to use the special category "abs" (all by something) that uses some other column to sort. When using abs, the "name" is either the lookup key for a column or an entry in the sony sort tweaks.
Thanks! abs works great. I didn't see this option mentioned anywhere in calibre's docs or the device plugin area. Now that I set it up I see the need for the position memory in the next quote.

Quote:
Another thing we must do (that we want to do regardless) is remember the position in the parent list so the back button returns you to more-or-less where you were when you tapped an item.
This would definitely be a plus in my book.

Y'all have done a great job. After this I'll be down to wanting only cosmetic changes. The ability to change application font size and maybe the background color.

Good luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-01-2012 at 08:02 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote