View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #14
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Well, I was able to buy it! I first got the Whois registration info for copistar.com and sent an email late last night, so maybe they'll reply. But then I remembered The Wayback Machine, a website that saves webpages for posterity, and found it at archive.org. So by going to what copistar.com/buy.html looked like several months ago, I got to the correct SWREG link bypassing the third party merchant and was able to buy it.

I was all ecstatic until I realized it doesn't work Most of the PDFs I tried didn't even "load" and most of them got through just one page. The three that "finished" were all deficient - one book had the Notes section missing (which was a very interesting section in this case), the other had about 40 pages missing (last few chapters) and the third had most of the pictures missing (and the pictures were half the book).

Sooooo... VERY disappointed. Tried it on both XP and VISTA with the same results.

If they answer I'll reply with these things and maybe they'll fix them with a future version, and hopefully one day I'll get my money's worth! I ended up paying $33.90 because the site selling it has a mandatory $3.85 1-year registration information backup fee.

Here's the direct link to buy it (although I don't recommend the product):

https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?...x=0&lang=&lnk=

Last edited by GatorDeb; 10-30-2008 at 07:35 PM.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote