Thread: PRS-300 Appears to be bricked?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Android
Android began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Appears to be bricked?

I only received this today. Haven't been able to use it at all yet.

It arrived. I turned it on and plugged it in to USB. Firstly it showed Opening Book... but then nothing more happened. The light was orange. Assuming it was charging I left it for about an hour. Came back and there was nothing different. Left it for another hour and still nothing so I pressed the reset button and plugged it in again. The light turned red. I left it for an hour and now the light was orange but it was still just showing Opening Book.

I have tried several things including many more resets and various things I have found on the Internet. Mostly it is just combinations of resetting and turning on while plugged in and not.

It now shows Firmware update was not successful, Please try again. When I plugged it in the computer detected it an opened a 44kb removeable device with a single empty file called "Protected !!". I'm now at a complete loss. I have found things related to the PRS-500 but I was unsure about doing it since this is a 300. While plugged in it is showing Updating firmware now... and it has a red light that flashes orange about every 2 seconds.

Any help would be appreciated.
Android is offline   Reply With Quote