View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #36
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finished too! My initial impression is that I liked the way it wrapped up the loose ends, and Arabella isn't entirely heartless after all! The conclusion with the Senator's speech was good (especially his final comments on the fox hunting episode) in that he acknowledged a fondness for the British people and hospitality at the same time pointing out their "irrational" faults. I liked the parallel storylines and contrasts in this book between the different couples and the parent-child relationships and even the local neighborhood versus aristocratic society circles. I will definitely read other books by Trollope in the future.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote