View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #42
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I agree with the others a 10" is easier to read but they are also heavier which in turn makes it harder to read for extended periods. I have a 7" tablet and read PDFs all the time on it. And I make annotations on these PDFs as well.

I find reading PDF books fine to read because most are about 9" including the margins. Good PDF reader can easily autocrop the margins off so you don't have to pan-zoom the pages. When reading pdf gets a bit cumbersome is when the PDFs are letter/A4 or bigger. At this point you can use reflow, and which works great, so long as you don't have pictures or graphs.

As for a reader I recommend both RepliGo and ezPDF you can have both for around $5. Each one of these have some advantage over the other and both are excellent readers.
Thanks for that! I guess this is partially about personal preference and he'll just have to test it out to see what he's comfortable with it. In his field, nearly all the journal articles are text only, but there is the occasional table and sometimes the journal format is two columns. And I've noted an additional vote for ezPDF

Like Harry, I'm also wondering which orientation you use.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote