Thread: PRS-350 Changing Fonts in PRS+
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #31
Garry Lancaster
Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Sony PRS-650; TrekStor Pyrus Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by edcoan View Post
Thanks, spacebrew. I now get the same results. I don't know why some ebooks still won't take the new fonts, but pasting your css in the epub with calibre is so far flawless.
I have some epubs I couldn't get to use new font-sizes, and eventually figured out the problem last night. These books were specifying various class properties, each with different styles, for <p> and <div> sections. To fix these, I changed the section which was applying the font sizes as follows:

Before:

Code:
p { 
 font-size: 70% !important;
 text-align: justify !important;
 margin-left: 0em !important; 
 margin-right: 0em !important; 
 }
After:

Code:
p,div,ul,dl,p[class],div[class] { 
 font-size: 70% !important;
 text-align: justify !important;
 margin-left: 0em !important; 
 margin-right: 0em !important; 
 }
It's possible that some epubs may have "id" or "style" properties associated with the <p> or <div> elements. In these cases, adding p[id] or p[style] etc to the list may work, but I haven't needed to try this.

(I added the ul and dl elements as well, as otherwise books such as the Calibre quick start guide weren't completely correct).

Last edited by Garry Lancaster; 11-12-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Garry Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote