Thread: Luzme
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #14
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
By default, you should only be getting one notification per new book.

My guess is that when you're getting the duplicates, the system doesn't yet know that Book A is the same as Book B. It's not possible to always automate that match, because quite often the book titles/authors/isbns are completely different.

But please send me an example the next time this happens, (email me at rachel at luzme dot com) and I'll check out whether it's working as it should.
I can give you one example off the top of my head - I was just notified that Wintergirls is "New from Laurie Halse Anderson" in June and now available for pre-order. Wintergirls came out in 2009. Another recent pre-order notification was for Two Boys Kissing (David Levithan), which is less old but still last year's release.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote