View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #14300
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now - time for a classic. I'm now starting Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
I enjoyed this one although it was sometimes a little difficult to grasp meaning in the narrative.

I was thinking while reading that there was a real echo of this novel in Apocalypse Now. OK - maybe it is a common fact for those more educated in such matters, but I was quite shocked after completing this novel to read the following under Apocalypse Now in Wikipedia:

Quote:
The screenplay by John Milius and Coppola came from Milius's idea of adapting Joseph Conrad's novella Heart of Darkness into the Vietnam War era.
At least I wasn't so confused as to miss the similarity.

OK - another indie novel now. This time, it's David Michael's Gunwitch: A Tale Of The King's Coven. I've enjoyed the other books I've read from this author so I'm interested to see what effect this one has on me.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote