View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #47
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupstin View Post
My concern about putting pressure on B&N is that their hands will be tied by agreements with the publishers. Will they be able to change a policy that affects the contracts that they likely already have? I can't imagine a major publisher would accept a change to something like this, and I feel pretty confident that this policy is the result of compromises with the publishers (though, of course, I could be wrong.)
B&N has the customers, and if they have enough customers they can throw their weight around a bit with the publishers. Perhaps there's a period of time they have to keep the system as-is, but I suspect these things are always up for negotiation.
I do also think that right now this is a case of the tech being crippled by the publishers. B&N doesn't hold a ton of power since they aren't selling the device yet. When they do, if it's a hit, they'll have more sway.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote