View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I've said from the beginning that Sony needed to work on the economic model for the Reader.

How many books will the average Reader owner purchase in a year? Let's say 30 (which I think is high for most of them.)

The life span of a Sony Reader is likely to be at most 2 years. So most owners will purchase at most 60 titles for it. That means a Reader owner is paying $5 per ebook before they've even purchased the ebook.

So next time you are in the Sony Connect Store, remember to add $5 to each of those prices and ask yourself "How good a deal am I really getting?"

With that kind of price premium for ebooks I can understand why some folks are upset they didn't get a supplemental photon emitter with their Reader.
Right! A reader built in Asia will satisfy both price and number availability.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote