View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I appreciate all the fine uploads of "high literature", all the nice versions of the classics we have here very much but I'm glad we have these other books here too (and people are able to find it all at one place and don't have to search additionally at Project Gutenberg or archive.org or the respective German sites.). . . .Kenny posted this quote yesterday, I find it quite fitting:
This is the second time you've confused a complaint about the quality and frequency of the uploads with the kind of writing which is being uploaded. You've constructed a straw man -- again.

This will also be the second time I've had to point out that you're attributing motives to me and to people who have supported my idea which none of us have said that we possess.

Do us all the favor of addressing the ideas of your opponents and not the unstated motives you choose to attribute to them.

Characterizing the call for more democratic representation as elitism -- and then drawing conclusions about the characters of people who disagree with you on the basis of that characterization -- is not exactly fair.

Additionally, two moderators (who shall remain unnamed) have mentioned they think the exact same activity we've complained about is unfair to other uploaders. In my experience, said moderators do not privilege one kind of writing over another. They are simply aware the library is being flooded with uploads.

And they are not alone. Other book creators have complained to me as well.

So you see, while you're mulling over your own impressions of what's being said, and investing ideas intended to be constructive with bizarre elitist motives, I've actually been listening to the concerns of other people in this forum.

You might want to try it sometime.

I'd also request that you not name, expose to controversy or otherwise single out any one particular uploader -- even the one you're trying to defend. We've kept people's names out of this conversation so far out of respect for individual Mobile Read members. It would be unfair not to continue to be respectful.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-26-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote