View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: Huh. incidentally, the 2.5 -> 3.x 'update' was when they switched from a vanilla/freescale kernel to vanilla+rt/freescale kernel (and all hell broke lose for the full lifecycle of the 3.0.x updates, until they finally stopped trying to use an rt preempt kernel with a host of probably not that pretty 3rd party modules).

I haven't seen a PREEMPT kernel build since, although they still use a kernel at least based on the -RT patchset.
My bad again -
**Kernel** version 2.5.x not Amazon firmware version 2.5.y, sorry, again.

That was a loooong time ago as time passes on kernel.org

and a ps:
In the -RT kernels from Amazon that still have the .config info compiled in - lab126 has the RT stuff disabled in the config.

Duh...
No telling what that did, patching the kernel and then "disabling" the new features. I bet it left "cruff" all over the source code.

- - - -
Reaches for the blood pressure medication each time lab126 comes into the discussion . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote