View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I'm working on The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain for the MR Library, have been very impressed with the breadth of his knowledge of poetry and scripture, and have been trying to annotate each of the things he quotes.

But there is one I can't definitely locate: 'Though old as history itself, thou art fresh as the breath of spring, blooming as thine own rose-bud, and fragrant as thine own orange flower, O Damascus, pearl of the East!.' These lines occur as an epigraph in The Romance of Lady Isabel Burton, by Isabel Burton, but I have been unable to find the original. It's possible that they are from A Thousand and One Nights by her husband, but I can't confirm that.

Can anyone help?
interesting
especially is Damascus reference
Ottoman?
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote